Friday, June 11, 2010

Bloody lungs!!!

Literally, sadly... I really do not get my stupid lungs.  I finished the IVs about three weeks ago and was feeling much better-hurray! Then last weekend I go and have a bleed. It was not a big one and I can at least understand why it happened-vaguely... I had been working quite hard and maybe I'd gone a little nuts in the cleaning of Mr EB's house and had probably overdone in general and so my lungs reacted.  So, I took my usual action, iced water (helps clot the heamorrhage) tranixamic acid (a coagulant) and onto the Ciprofloxavioin pills just in case the bleed is a sign of underlying infection.  Now in this instance, I don't think I had got an infection; I wasn't showing any of the symptoms (increased sputum, temperature, achy joints etc.), so I really thought the antibiotics were just precautionary. However, this evening pop, lung goes again! This time I really don't get it, I've had a bit of a cough but frankly what's new! I've not been feeling ill and I've been being remarkably sensible and not overdoing it, so clearly my lungs are just trying to ruin my weekend and stop me having a life. Grrrr!!!! Thankfully the bleeding has subsided now, so on Monday I shall be ringing up Papworth and demanding explanations...

No comments: