Thursday, October 26, 2006

Bizarre Drugs!

I like to think that I have become something of a connoisseur of pills and capsules in their various forms, and I have over the last 26 years taken a quite phenomenal number (I think I've averaged about 40 pills a day since I was three.... that's a lot of pills). But never in my experience have I come across such a hilarious drug as the new one I was prescribed on Wednesday at Papworth. I mean look at it! Have you ever seen such a revolting colour scheme, they practically glow in the dark! Most of my pills are either brown, dark blue or non descript beige- these look radioactive....

I've been feeling pretty rotten recently, and one of the lovely bugs that I have been growing in my lungs is a fungus called Aspergilis. Everyone inhales this all the time as its in the atmosphere, but in people with CF it can sometimes cause problems. So as I'm taking medication for all the other bugs they figured why not try and get rid of this one too, and that might make me feel better. I am now taking this monstrous looking pill twice a day, its technical name is Itraconazole, but just to add insult to injury its commercial name is Sporanox! I'll be lucky if I manage to take any cos I can barely swallow them for all the laughing!

No comments: