Sunday, May 08, 2011

Bad Blogger!

I have not been updating my blog as often as I should have been... It was a New Years Resolution that I would update it at least a couple of times every month and also blog more of my hats, and yet I've managed no posts for the six weeks-oh dear.  I never have been very good with New Years Resolutions!

I've had this half hat finished for several weeks now, but have only just got round to photographing it. first there was all the schmozole of Papworth and the port and the two weeks of IVs, then I went on holiday (hurray- I really needed it!) and then I spent the rest of the time catching up on work and getting a bride finished.  So finally I have got some nice pics of it in the lovely sunshine-



It was inspired by several hats that are pictured in a catalogue of vintage patterns that I got from Amazon a couple of years ago. I blocked the buckram base over a standard dome crown block, then having mulled it, I covered it with pink satin and a layer of black veiling. The edge is black satin bias binding. The decoration is rather more 1920s than 1950s, but I like it! Its a black ostrich feather pom pom that I made from an old feather I used in a show years ago, and to hide the base of the feathers I covered it with more black satin and lots of jet swarovski crystals.
Close up of feather pom pom





No comments: