Friday, June 03, 2011

Sparkly Sparkly Bridal Hat!

Anyone who spends any time with me, knows I am a total magpie when it comes to anything remotely sparkly! I don't know why, maybe I am part cat as I love my 'shiny things'! So, as I am currently developing a line of bridal headdresses (in my rather limited spare time-sigh!) it seemed appropriate that the first design drips sparkly beads and pearls.  It is a very simple, hand blocked teardrop-shaped hat covered with silk satin then covered with beads. The beading is heaviest on the point over the eye, then gradually fades out towards the back of the hat. I have used this technique on bridal dresses. I am planning on making a detachable birdcage veil to go with this, once that is done I shall add some more photographs.



Uber Sparkly!


No comments: