Monday, August 21, 2006

More fun and games in Papworth Everard.....

So I have been here ten days and all I can say is that I am bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored! I never realised just how many different things I do that I can't do in here and it sucks. It is just sooooooooooooooooo dull being stuck in hospital, especially the 48 hours I had to be barrier nursed, which is basically like being in a really clean prison. I've also had my fun three days being attached to a blood sugar monitor (which went a bit nuts for the last eight hours and kept telling me my blood sugar reading was unacceptable- see I can even cause tiny little computers to randomly crash!) and I had a lung CT which at least was painless. At some point between now and friday I'm going to be having a bronchoscopy whether I like it or not, unsurprisingly I am not looking forward to that experience at all... it still sounds totally unplesant.

At least when I went to the Ear, Nose and Throat consultant at Addenbrooks my nasal CT showed that the polyps I have in my sinuses have responded to treatment so I am not going to need keyhole surgery on them-Thank God for that! Can't wait to escape on Friday!

No comments: