Friday, August 13, 2010

Richard and Josie's Wedding

Last Saturday my brother Richard married his lovely girlfriend Josie at Birmingham Registry Office. It was a very small ceremony of just immediate family and was such a lovely day. Sophie was fantastic throughout and gurgled along with the vows! They very kindly asked me to be a witness and I managed not to make any blots or mistakes on the certificate-thank god...  After the ceremony we walked the short way (via all the fountains) to Bank restaurant for a fantastic lunch.  Even more food followed later at the Regency Club at the Hyatt Hotel and the wedding cake really was amazingly delicious and gold! It was made by Josie's step mum, Elizabeth and I am definitely taking a leaf (no pun intended) out of her book with the edible gold leaf topping.  It was also a double celebration as Saturday was my Mum and Dad's Ruby wedding anniversary. I'm sure Josie and Rich will manage as many happy years together, and I'm hoping to manage a few with Mr EB!
One of the funniest parts of the day was Sophie chewing Mum's gold locket- I don't think she was trying to test the gold's authenticity, but even with only one tooth she has still left a rather good tooth mark on the back... I think I will try and get the locket engraved with the date and Sophie's name for posterity!  (As usual all these photos were taken by Mr EB as he is just better at it than I am!)

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Congratulations! Fab news for your brother and family. Looks like you had a great day. I agree the cake looked amazing and you should definitely get the necklace engraved- what a perfect idea.
Hope to see you really soon, also hope the ivs kick in and you feel much better soon! Love to you and your mum especially! Xxxx Hannah